Our countrywide Welfare Watch aims to deliver assistance to horses in crisis in and around Essex and neighbouring counties. As the welfare crisis in the UK continues to escalate, Remus is looking to the public to help support our efforts in individual or area-specific cases. The problem is vast and we just cannot physically be everywhere we are needed.
In order to do this, we will be looking for volunteers in those areas to help monitor specific areas on our behalf.
For out-of-hours emergencies, please call the RSPCA on tel: 0300 1234 999.
Areas Needing Attention
We have identified the following areas that need monitoring. Do you live in or near these areas? If so, we’d like to hear from you:
- Thurrock Mardyke
- Tilbury Common
Various sites in:
- Harold Hill
Objectives of Remus Welfare Watch
The aim of the groups will be to:
- Monitor a local situation or area we have identified where equines are potentially in crisis
- To help put pressure on local authorities and/or landowners as appropriate and raise awareness to the public in order to resolve the situation
- Organise and deliver food, water, rugs etc where required
If you would like to offer your services and help with a Horse Welfare Watch group, please contact the Sanctuary via email in the first instance to email@example.com, providing your contact details, any experience with horses, medical knowledge or training and how you might be able to help with the above.
Other Ways You Can Help
There is a role to play for everyone:
- Contribute to our appeals https://www.remussanctuary.org/donate-justgiving.
- Register to receive information on our Lobby Group in order to write to your MP’s and sign petitions. Register here: http://eepurl.com/bfHBrj.
- Visit the ‘How You Can Help’ section of our website and plan a fundraising event to raise funds for our welfare work How you can help.
To find out more or offer your services for Welfare Watch, contact the Sanctuary via email to firstname.lastname@example.org