How Can I Help?
‘How can I help?’ is question we often get asked by our supporters and we’ve worked hard to come up with lots of ideas for you to help us, from fundraising to volunteering, microvolunteering, recycling and plenty more besides.
One of our ideas is for you to create a fundraising page and fundraise on our behalf, in your own time and at your own pace!
So if you’re not yet aware of it, please take a look at our 9.9K Remus Reservoir Challenge.
This is a great way for you to get out in the fresh air, get some exercise and get your family, friends and colleagues together! All we’re asking is that you pick a date of your choosing, and then to walk, run, cycle or even scoot the equivalent of the Hanningfield Reservoir – which is coincidentally also 9.9K!
The Hanningfield Reservoir is a nature discovery park in Essex and it’s a glorious place to visit. However, if you live in Scotland, Wales, Plymouth or even London or Norwich, you may not want to travel to Essex. So guess what…you can choose to do your challenge wherever you like! You don’t even need to find a reservoir! You can do this at any time up to the end of October, but time is starting to run out, so don’t delay.
So go on, what are you waiting for? It’s really easy, just follow these simple steps (pun intended):
- Decide on your date and location
- Click on the link to create your fundraising page> https://donate.giveasyoulive.com/campaign/-remus-reservoir-challenge
- Share your fundraising page with your friends, family and colleagues on social media and by email and get those sponsorships rolling in
- Do your walk, run or cycle on your chosen date
- Share your pictures with your family and friends and encourage them to donate if they haven’t already
- Sit back and congratulate yourself on a job well done!
We’re recommending you create your fundraising page online to help track your progress and also accept donations online, which saves having to worry about cash or collecting in funds. However, if you prefer to create your fundraising page via another means, such as Facebook or JustGiving for instance, please go ahead.
PS. And don’t forget to tell us what you’re doing, tag us in your posts and share your photos with us too!