Gift Aid costs you nothing at all, but it makes your generous donation go even further and enables us to do ever more for sick, ill treated and neglected animals.
Please if you are a taxpayer and have not already done so, consider filling in the Gift Aid Form and send it to us. It truly makes such a big difference to the Sanctuary and its Animals
How it works
- Remus can claim 25p on every £1 you give.
- You must be a tax payer ie, have income in excess of your personal tax allowance (currently £10000 pa).
- If you are a higher rate tax payer your gift will increase the level at which you start to pay the higher rate tax. This will decrease your overall tax bill by 25p at the 40% rate or 31.25p at the 45% rate for every £1 you give. You will need to complete a self assessment form to claim this.
- You can ask the gift aid claim to be carried back to the previous tax year if you have sufficient income last year but not this year.
- For more information see the HMRC website at www.hmrc.gov.uk/individuals/giving/gift-aid.htm.
- Information correct as at May 2014.