If you would like to support the Sanctuary by volunteering, please complete an Application Form and send it to the Sanctuary or contact the office to discuss volunteering on tel: 01277 356191.
If you can spare a few hours here or there or perhaps the odd afternoon, here are just some of the things you can do to help us:
- Fundraisers wanted to organise events, street collections and raffle ticket sales.
- Event Volunteers are essential to ensure our events run smoothly throughout the year. Could you spare a few hours or an afternoon to help out at our Open Days and other events, and/or sort bric-a-brac?
- Administration Assistance wanted to assist in busy office, managing diary, note taking, handling paperwork etc. We also need people to help stuff envelopes at least twice a year.
- Enrichment Volunteers wanted to help provide enrichment to the animals including socialisation, toys, games and observation.
- Gardeners wanted to help care for the Sanctuary garden, such as mowing the lawn, keeping the troughs planted and watered.
- Conservation Supporters to help with the upkeep of the Sanctuary conservation areas including the hedgerow, ponds, maintaining wildlife area, keeping a list of birds and wildlife seen and erection of bat boxes. Many BTO red and endangered birds have been seen on site.
- Artwork Assistance/Graphic Designer to assist with posters for our events, online graphics and the occasional leaflet. Would suit someone looking to gain work experience during training.
- IT or Computer Expertise needed to help maintain office computers and laptops ensuring backing-up and maintenance.
- Photographers to take good quality images suitable for advertising, PR and print work, and website. To document what happens at the Sanctuary, how the animals progress and equally the cute and cuddly shots to help with our fundraising. Video would be a bonus!
- Drivers wanted to collect and drop off items in local area.
- Maintenance People to help with the upkeep of fixtures and fittings, help clean and paint the stables and buildings etc.
- Grounds People wanted to help oversee the land ensuring weed control and fencing kept in good repair.