#YouMadeItHappen is a social media campaign created by NCVO (The National Council for Voluntary Organisations) who champion the voluntary sector and volunteering because they’re essential for a better society.
It is taking place on Monday 19 November.
The NCVO recognise that what people want to hear about from charities, is the difference their support has made, so we’ve put together just a few lines of ways in which you help us!
- When little Dante was dumped at our gates in 2015, we were able to give him the medical attention, food, time, care and love that he needed for him to grow into a strong and healthy adult.
- When a gust of wind in 2016, demolished one of our much-needed field shelters for our animals, you helped us replace it.
- When we rescued 2 horses from Kent that had been in a field for 14 weeks with no food, water or attention, your support helped us to do so. Sadly we lost Lady as she was just too sick and too malnourished, but Blax is thriving.
- When we needed to rescue 8 horses this summer that were all sick and malnourished, including 4 stallions that had been kept in closed dirty stables for two years, you helped us.
- When we rescued the two blind and pregnant mares Holly and Grace, who then gave birth to Bracken and Jess, your support enabled us not only to do so, but to give them the attention they needed to thrive into young and healthy adults and to provide a special, protective area for Holly and Grace to spend time outside safely.
- When Tony Goat came to us with half his jaw hanging off, you enabled us to fix him!
- When Pippa and Minstral needed specialist eye operations, you helped us raise the funds to pay for their medical care.
These are just a few of the ways in which you help Remus every day – in fact we could not continue to do what we do without you! We get no grants and can only stay afloat by fundraising and the support offered to us by volunteers.
This year we celebrated our 35th Anniversary #YouMadeItHappen!
You might also like to take a look at our Winter Feed Appeal for 2018.
We look forward to hearing from you!