Ten Ideas for Supporting Remus Horse Sanctuary this #GivingTuesday 2023
Remus Horse Sanctuary is thrilled to announce that once again it will be taking part in this year’s global day of giving, #GivingTuesday, taking place on Tuesday 28 November 2023.
This Giving Tuesday 2023, the charity has produced a list of ideas on how people can help them – whether it’s by giving time or money, donating or buying something, or campaigning for their #BornToDie initiative.
Giving Tuesday is one day to make a world of difference and all Sue Burton and her team are asking is for you to do something!
Below is their list of ideas:
- Browse our wish lists. There’s always something we need here at Remus, whether it’s food for the animals, treats or medical supplies. Browse our wish list. ‘Tis the season – buy something for Remus.
- Fundraise on our behalf. This year we have been celebrating our 40th anniversary. Have you signed up to our 40th Anniversary Challenge? All you have to do is fundraise £40 for us. If only 1000 of our 6000 Facebook Followers took part, we would raise a massive £40,000!
- Write to your MP. Earlier this year we launched our #BornToDie campaign. Please write to your MP and ask for change: Find your local MP.
- Give some money. Make a donation to Remus to help us through the winter months.
- Charity Christmas cards. Buy your Christmas cards from our online charity shop this year, or donate the cost of the cards and postage instead.
- Sign up to Give as you Live. Give as you Live Online generates charitable giving from your everyday shopping and enables you to raise money every time you shop online – from groceries, fashion, gifts and holidays!
- Volunteer. You may not be able to give your time regularly, but perhaps you can help out at the odd event, or perhaps micro-volunteering might be more your thing!
- Give a charity gift this year as a present. Visit our online charity shop, we have lots of charity gifts to choose from, or why not surprise someone by sponsoring one of our animals as a truly unique gift.
- Become a member. Your Membership is hugely important to the Sanctuary, the financial support is a major source of income for us and provides funds to enable us to continue to feed and care for the animals here. It also supports our welfare work in the wider horse community in Essex and beyond.
- Talk about Giving Tuesday. Tell your family and friends about Giving Tuesday, challenge them to do something on the day. Together we can make a world of difference. #GivingTuesday
The Giving Tuesday campaign began in America in 2012 as a way to give back after the well-known shopping days of Black Friday and Cyber Monday. The campaign is coordinated in the UK by the Chartered Institute of Fundraising.
Sue Burton, founder of Remus Horse Sanctuary said: “If you haven’t already got your Giving Tuesday ‘something’ planned, here are ten ideas to help you make a difference!
“Don’t forget to share your ‘something’ on social media, use the #GivingTuesday hashtag and please tag Remus Horse Sanctuary too.”
For further information, visit www.remussanctuary.org or contact Sue Burton on tel: 01277 356191.