Giving Tuesday 28 November 2023
This year, Giving Tuesday takes place on Tuesday 28 November 2023.
Giving Tuesday is a global day of giving, a day to do something for charities and – if we may be so bold – specifically for Remus Horse Sanctuary. You can give your time, give some money, donate something, buy something, or campaign for something. Giving Tuesday is one day to make a world of difference and all we’re asking is for you to do something!
If you haven’t already got your Giving Tuesday ‘something’ planned, here are 10 last minute ideas to help you make a difference! Don’t forget to share your ‘something’ on social media, use the #GivingTuesday hashtag and tag Remus Horse Sanctuary. You’ll find the links to all of our social media channels below.
- Browse our wish lists. There’s always something we need here at Remus, whether it’s food for the animals, treats or medical supplies. Browse our wish list. ‘Tis the season – buy something for Remus.
- Fundraise on our behalf. This year we have been celebrating our 40th anniversary. Have you signed up to our 40th Anniversary Challenge? All you have to do is fundraise £40 for us. If only 1000 people took part, we would raise a massive £40,000!
- Write to your MP. Earlier this year we launched our #BornToDie campaign. Please write to your MP and ask for change. Please remember, always be polite and respectful. Find your local MP and just pop in your county or postcode, or the name of your MP if you know it. This will provide you with both an email and a postal address. It only takes a few minutes.
- Give some money. Make a donation to Remus to help us through the winter months.
- Charity Christmas cards. Buy your Christmas cards from our online charity shop this year, or donate the cost of the cards and postage instead. Remember to let all your friends and family know via text message if you’re not sending cards this year – you don’t want to disappoint Great Aunt Molly!
- Sign up to Give as you Live. Give as you Live Online generates charitable giving from your everyday shopping and enables you to raise money every time you shop online – from groceries, fashion, gifts and holidays! And it won’t cost you a penny extra.
- Volunteer. You may not be able to give your time regularly, but perhaps you can help out at the odd event, or perhaps micro-volunteering might be more your thing!
- Give a charity gift this year as a present. Visit our online charity shop, we have lots of charity gifts to choose from, or why not surprise someone by sponsoring one of our animals as a truly unique gift.
- Become a member. Your Membership is hugely important to the Sanctuary, the financial support is a major source of income for us and provides funds to enable us to continue to feed and care for the animals here. It also supports our welfare work in the wider horse community in Essex and beyond.
- Talk about Giving Tuesday. Tell your family and friends about Giving Tuesday, challenge them to do something on the day. Together we can make a world of difference. #GivingTuesday
Share your something on social media with the hashtag #GivingTuesday and tag us in your posts:
- Instagram: Instagram.com/RemusHorseSanctuary
- Facebook: facebook.com/RemusHorseSanctuary
- X (formerly Twitter): @RemusHorse