Welcome to Remus Memorial Horse Sanctuary
World's oldest horse
Visit Shayne - the 51 year old horse who lives at Remus Sanctuary
Remus Sanctuary has its first charity shop
Shop in Maylandsea opened Saturday 3rd March 2012 by MP John Whittingdale
Remus Memorial Horse Sanctuary and animal centre provides care and rehabilitation for 200 horses, ponies, donkeys, cows, sheep and cats in the heart of the Essex countryside. Would you like to work with us and help care for the animals?
It costs in excess of £300,000 to run the Sanctuary every year, which is funded solely by donations, and with your help we can give these animals the best possible care so they can eventually be re-homed or enjoy a home for life at the Sanctuary.
Please browse our website and learn about our work, our animals and the many other facets of life in a busy Animal Sanctuary. In particular, check out our events, such as the forthcoming Animal Reiki Training which is being run in conjunction with internationally acclaimed, Animal Reiki Source.
Would you like to work with us and help care for the animals? If so, please check out our vacancies section where we have both paid and volunteer vacancies available.
We hope that you enjoy our website and will like what you see enough to come and visit us, please contact us if you would like to know more about us and our work.
- World's oldest horse Shayne, 51, lives in Brentwood at Remus Sanctuary
- Remus Sanctuary has its first charity shop!
- learn how to help your pet and yourself with natures natural remedies -Workshop Sunday March 4th 2012
- Valentines Day is almost here, how about something different and special for that special person this year
- Volunteers urgently needed to help at the Sanctuary
- TREAT A FRIEND buy a Christmas Gift for a Remus animal
- Help REMUS free of charge when you shop online
- Chocoholics Evening on behalf of Remus November 29th 2011
- 9th November Remus Blog
- Sponsored Swimathon for Remus